The scuttle shaving mug was developed in the late 19th century as hot water was not common in many households. Today, the scuttle is for those gents who desire a traditional wet shaving experience. This modern interpretation of the scuttle by Gold Dachs is truly a stylish piece and a perfect gift for a gentleman on any occasion. Two sections cleanly separate shaving brush from lather. With a small sturdy handle and a rest for shaving brush, this shaving scuttle has a classic appeal and a timeless style. You'll feel like you're in a barbershop while in your own home experiencing a nostalgic shave thanks to this mug. Approximate dimensions of this small scuttle: 5.71" L x 3.54" W x 2.95" H. Brush NOT included with scuttle. Made in Germany. $35.00
• Simple but elegant BLACK Ceramic Shaving Mug
• Handcrafted by Pfeilring of Germany
• Rests brush at an angle to allow lather to stay warm
HOW TO USE:
• Remove plug on bottom of ceramic mug, fill with hot water (from sink, kettle or hot pot), replug.
• In separate bowl soften shaving soap by adding a little hot water and let it stand.
• Warm shaving brush with hot water, then work shaving soap or cream into brush.
• Use brush rest on ceramic bowl to keep brush and lather warm (may want to rotate brush 180 degrees occasionally, but not required).
• Wash and prep face or take a shower.
• When you're ready to lather the face, you'll find the lather on the brush is still warm.