General Safety Instructions and Notices: Always use caution when handling (1) products that ignite, such as incense or candles (possible burn and/or fire hazard), (2) products that may become heated during use such as incense burners, censers, candle holders and oil diffusers (burn, fire and/or heat damage hazard), (3) small products such as tumbled stones, incense cones and incense tiles (possible choking hazard to children and/or pets).
When lit, incense is very, very hot, and could cause severe burn or fire if improperly handled. Never leave burning incense of any kind unattended. Never burn incense in the presence of flammable fumes or in the presence of materials that create flammable fumes such as gasoline, acetone, varnish, etc. Never place burning incense where it may be accessible to children or pets or moving objects or draperies. (Remember that cats can climb and that wagging tails or blowing draperies can knock over incense burners.) ALWAYS place your incense securely in an appropriate holder designed specifically for the type of incense you are burning and place the burner on a surface that is flame-resistant and heat-resistant. Do not place burners on plastic surfaces, painted surfaces or surfaces that have been varnished, or where they may be knocked over. Damage or fire may occur if burners are placed on such surfaces. Some burners can become very hot during use and could melt surfaces such as television, stereo or computer casings or cabinets; do not place burners on such surfaces. Do not allow embers or sparks from incense to come into contact with flammable materials such as hair, skin, fur, draperies, sofas or carpeting. Do not fall asleep while burning incense. Be aware that incense creates smoke and may trigger smoke alarms. Always use incense in a well-ventilated area away from draperies. Incense is not edible and incense sticks and/or cones may represent a choking hazard; keep all types of incense away from children and pets.
To light stick incense: When lighting stick incense, be sure to hold the incense away from your face and hair—many types of stick incense will ignite with a tall flame. Be sure that you are holding the incense over a flame-proof surface, such as a porcelain sink. Hold the incense by the bare end and light the coated end (hold away from face and hair). After igniting, gently blow out the flame. Be sure that no embers fall off the incense onto flammable surfaces or into contact with flammable materials. Be aware that stick incense creates ash which may blow onto surfaces outside the burner. Note: Japanese stick incense does not have a bare end and a coated end; you can light either end of Japanese stick incense.
To extinguish stick incense: Stick incense may be extinguished by placing the burning end under running water, or into clean sand. Be sure that no burning embers fall from the stick onto flammable surfaces or materials while transporting the incense burner or incense to water or sand.
Fragrance Safety: Fragrances are to be used externally only—do not drink or rub on internal body surfaces. Avoid contact with eyes. Some fragrances may affect painted, varnished or plastic surfaces--avoid contact with these surfaces. Do now allow children or pets to play with these items.
Inhalation notice: Persons with allergies and/or breathing or lung disorders, conditions, difficulties or illnesses should consult their doctor before using any incense or fragrance product.